Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Art Boxes


I first stumbled across the above picture of one of Sidney Rosen's art boxes when I was looking at the Long Island Craft Guild's Web site and I was intrigued.

After a bit of a search, I found more samples of his work:





These are beautiful, unique wood crafts that would make fabulous addictions to any soft and cozy home. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find price information or size, but there is a Web site with the artist's email address:
sidsartbox.com/

Here's a description of his work from his Web site:


“Art Boxes” strives to combine flowing organic shapes with interesting and unusual woods. The interplay of harmony and contrast is emphasized, combined with a high degree of finish.


Art boxes are constructed from glued pieces of different species of hardwoods, cut into shapes with a bandsaw. The individual pieces are sanded, glued together, and given a natural finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment